Monday 27 November 2017

I've Been Waiting 14 Years...

If you had to ask me what my favorite Disney/Pixar movie is, before you had even finished asking the question I would have blurted out The Incredibles. To me, there have always been family dynamics in Disney/Pixar films where a family - be it toys, bugs, monsters, or cars - has one of its members trying to re-unite with his or her family after finding him or herself and figuring out that families are stronger together than their individual parts are alone.

The Incredibles was no different, and Bob Parr aka Mr. Incredible, voiced by Craig T. Nelson, even says so when he tells his wife, Helen aka Elasti-Girl, voiced by Holly Hunter, that he's not strong enough to lose her. She responds by telling him that if they work together, they're stronger than Mr. Incredible could ever be. It's a common theme, but The Incredibles really drives home the family aspect while being a fun superhero film. Yes, I'm still a seven year-old boy when it comes to cartoons.

Needless to say, my excitement bubbled over on November 18 when Disney released the new trailer for The Incredibles 2, a sequel I've wanted since the original film came out 14 years ago! Here is the teaser trailer in all it's glory for those who are beyond excited for this movie like I am!
As you may recall from the original movie, we only got a glimpse at the powers that Jack-Jack, the youngest member of the Parr family, had at the end of the movie. It seems that Bob discovers that Jack-Jack has all sorts of powers in this movie as Elasti-Girl goes off to fight crime while leaving the kids with Mr. Incredible. I'm quite certain hilarity will ensue, but this is a Disney film so expect healthy doses of family interaction against villains, some internal family conflict, and a resolution at the end that will leave movie-goers feeling good about these elements.

The Incredibles 2 opens June 15th, 2018, and I'm letting you all know right now that I'll be incommunicado that day as I spend it at my local theatre with the Parr family!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: