Thursday 1 March 2012

Now He Is Free

I am shutting the site down today in honour of Bradley Warren Drake. I have lost a good teammate and a great friend when Brad passed on, and I believe he should be honoured for the great person he was. I have no idea what demons he was facing as he kept them private right up to the end, but he was a warrior on the ice, and he was loyal and true off it. He was the epitome of greatness in a human being even if he couldn't see it.

The following song is from the Gladiator soundtrack. I won't lie when I say that the ending of Gladiator always gets me a little teary-eyed when I hear this song played, but, like Maximus at the end of Gladiator, Brad deserves to be honoured for all that he stood for, for his loyalty, and for his friendship.


"I will see you again... but not yet... not yet...".

Maximus stated, "What we do in life echoes in eternity." Brad was a great person who was quick with a smile and a joke to make you smile, and that will not be forgotten. Brad's quick wit and smile will always be the one thing I remember most about my friend. It will echo for eternity with me, and he will never be forgotten.

Rest peacefully, Bradley. Now you are free.

No comments: