Wednesday 24 August 2011

Teebz Is Out

It will be a quiet front on the HBIC side this weekend as the league I played softball in has their playoffs. Honestly, I felt I had a good season as I routinely played well. The team, on the other hand, could have finished better, but there were a number of factors that determined our record that were out of our hands. A number of serious injuries to regular players caused us to suffer, but I think, in the end, everyone had a good season when it came to fun and laughter. That's what matters most in these type of beer leagues, and I know I had a good time even if my overly-competitive spirit demanded otherwise. In any case, we go into this playoff weekend as underdogs, and I plan on shocking the world.

That being said, we kick off the weekend's round-robin games at 9:30am this morning. I am not looking forward to that morning. We pick up the pace at 11am, and finish off the round-robin at 2pm. I feel that if we play well enough in Saturday morning's 9:30 game this morning, we can set the pace and finish in the top-two to advance to the upper bracket where we'll sit pretty.

No hockey coverage today from this writer. I will update everyone on how the team did later. Keep your eyes on the prize, kids. But just because this is a little softball entry, check out Sidney Crosby's visit to PNC Park on September 8, 2010. The kid goes yard in batting practice!

If he felt up to it, I'm sure the Pirates could use another Bo Jackson-like, two-sport athlete!

Until next time, keep your eye on the ball!

No comments: