Thursday 19 May 2011

You Want Nudity?

There you go, compliments of the Calgary Flames. That's Tim Hurlbut, at the age of 21 in 2002, participating in a dare for $200 that ended up with him seeing stars. Literally.

While the vast majority of hockey blogs are written by men, why does it seem like the vast majority of men turn into junior high school boys at the mere possibility of seeing a woman topless? As I logged in on Wednesday night, the internet reaction to the young woman in the Henrik Sedin jersey who showed Ben Eager (and the world, unfortunately) what she was blessed with under her jersey is now some sort of phenomenon because she has breasts. Here's a tip for those who like stats: around 50% of the world's human population has breasts.

I will fully and completely tell you that I am not searching her out. There are some blogs who are trying to get an interview with her about her new-found fame thanks to her impetuous spirit, but I am not one of them simply because I think she deserves some privacy after being exposed on national television. Please excuse the pun.

I draw the line here. Right here, right now.

I'm not trying to be more pious or righteous compared to anyone else. I have spent many nights after softball games at our team-sponsored gentleman's club, and I have seen my fair share of women without tops. Personally, the female form is quite appealing and I happen to like curves on a female much more than I like seeing a woman's ribs as if she were a supermodel or waif.

That being said, this young lady, who decided to give Ben Eager a great show from his seat in the sin bin, deserves a little privacy from the testosterone-driven hockey blogging world. So what if she showed her breasts to Ben Eager? If you haven't had a chance to see breasts of every shape and size, let me be the first to welcome you to the Internet. The world of mammary glands awaits your first search string.

All I'm saying is that HBIC will not actively pursue this woman for a comment. If she wants to talk, I'm more than willing to listen, but if she's looking for her privacy after one camera-captured mistake, she'll get it from me. If you want nudity, enjoy the picture above because the picture of the young lady from Vancouver baring her assets for Mr. Eager will not appear here for any reason.

I'm very protective of my personal life, and I respect those who want to shy away from the public glare. HBIC respects and supports this young lady in her attempts to keep her privacy as private as possible. I'd hope you'll give her the same respect in letting her regain some of her dignity through her privacy.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice... and your jersey worn properly!

No comments: