Saturday 25 December 2010

Christmas Conundrum

I found out this year that Christmas is a little difficult when trying to find a gift for a guy who has a special appreciation for hockey. My parents, my brother, and my girlfriend all found that buying hockey-related items for a guy who has a ton of hockey books, clothing, and miscellaneous items is a challenge. I wasn't aware of this, and my Christmas list really didn't have any hockey items on it, but I get that they wanted to get me something special. As it stands, I received one hockey item for Christmas.

I want to be clear: I had one of the best Christmas Days ever in my short history on this planet. There were lots of friends and family over, the food was amazing, and everyone came away smiling and merry. It was, for all intents and purposes, a perfect Christmas. Kudos go out to Mom for an extravagant feast as well. It's being prepared as I write this, and the smells of Christmas dinner are filling the house. Yum!

I'm not going to spend long here, but I will be enjoying the latest edition of Don Cherry's Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Hockey. Dedicated hockey fans are a tough group to buy for, but my family came through with a good choice. I'm happy, I had a wonderful Christmas morning, and there's only more awesomeness to come. Yes, I said "awesomeness".

Enjoy your day, everyone! I'm off for more festive fun! And thanks for stopping by on the merriest of holidays!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

1 comment:

Captain Canuck said...

happy christmas bud.


don cherry = the awesome